Our most significant milestones
- 1997 Discovery of a local farm from which one could buy great value olive oil. Active selling to restaurants from boot of Steve’s VW Golf
- 1998 Development of the concept of blended olive oil and seed oil. Supply, from garage, of 200 Cape Town restaurants.
- Registration of “CanOlive” trademark. Discovery of lime farm in Swaziland, and development of a market for fresh limes, and for lime juice.
- 1999 Switched from supplying restaurants to supplying food service wholesalers
- 2002 Entered into partnership with John Thorp, “Mr Oil RSA”. Moved from garage operation to formal factory in Somerset West
- 2003 First container of drums imported from Borges, Spain.
- Launch of consumer and industrial ranges. (250 ml and 500 ml glass for the consumers, and 200 Lt and up for the industrial sector)
- 2006 Bought out John Thorp’s share. Purchase of 1200 square metre factory in Ottery, Western Cape
- 2007 Introduction of innovative “Butter Substitute” product
- 2008 First business in the country to import in 21 MT flexitanks
- 2012 Switched to local procurement. First receipt of 30 MT tankers of oil direct from farms. Commissioning of proprietary 1 Lt PET mould
- 2013 Marketing campaign in Gauteng nets 95% of independent Food Service wholesalers.
- 2014 First new significant product in seven years. Coconut oil is the Next Big Thing!
- 2015 Employed Marketing Manager. Completion of HACCP project. Appointed to board of SA Olive (Pic below)
Everyone with whom we engage will benefit therefrom.
We will develop long-term relationships with suppliers, staff, and customers.
We will be the leading independent oil dealer in the country.
We will be known for integrity, customer service, and attention to detail.
A Scrapbook of pix from our old website
Another first; our labels sport a tag code, containing LOADS of info. Download a reading-app to your smartphone and find a bunch of useful info!